Alcohol Overdose

______________________________________

As reported in various research studies, almost 50,000 people experience an alcohol overdose each year in the United States.

Moreover, roughly once every week, someone needlessly dies from an alcohol overdose.

Also known as "alcohol poisoning," understanding how people get an alcohol overdose and understanding its signs and the causes of a toxic reaction and responding aptly to such situations can help prevent a lethal alcohol overdose.

Indeed, getting immediate assistance will lead to the appropriate alcohol poisoning treatment that will hopefully save the person's life.

The saddest part regarding an alcohol overdose, particularly when an individual loses his or her life, however, is that experiencing an alcohol overdose is 100 per cent avoidable.

Call-Now-for-Quality-Drug-and-Alcohol-Treatment

Alcohol Overdose and Blood Alcohol Level Factors

Alcohol overdose, also known as alcohol poisoning, is a critical and sometimes deadly end product of drinking alcohol significantly more ethanol alcohol than the body can metabolize.

It is important to point out, moreover, that binge drinking (consuming four or more alcoholic beverages at one sitting for females and ingesting five or more alcoholic drinks at one sitting for males) can also lead to alcohol poisoning.

In fact, binge drinking is one of the main forms of drinking that results in an alcohol overdose.

In short, even though a person gets drunk one time per year, this one-time "binge" can lead to an alcohol overdose.

The outcomes of the alcohol on your body depend on the measure of alcohol in your blood (known as blood alcohol point or blood alcohol concentration (BAC).

Factors that influence your blood alcohol degree include the following:

  • How fast your body metabolizes the alcohol

  • How much food is in your stomach at the time you drink

  • How much alcohol you ingest

  • How quickly you consume the alcoholic drink

  • How strong the alcoholic drink is

Common Alcohol Overdose Symptoms

Typically, one of the first signs of alcohol poisoning is nausea, followed by vomiting.

These alcohol poisoning symptoms and signs of alcohol poisoning are signals from your body letting you know that you consumed more alcohol than your body can process.

The following list illustrates other alcohol poisoning symptoms and signs of alcohol poisoning:

  • Inability to maintain a conversation or to make eye contact

  • Slurred speech

  • No withdrawal from painful stimuli (for example from pinching)

  • Blue-tinged skin or pale skin

  • Inconsistent, highly changeable behavior

  • Going through extremely ill, including constant and harsh vomiting

  • Slurred speech

  • Poor or absent reflexes

  • Difficulty awakening the person

  • Seizures

  • Confusion

  • Slow, shallow, or irregular breathing

  • Unconsciousness (passing out)

Alcohol Overdose, Alcohol, and Drugs

It must be stressed that alcohol can also be hazardous, can result in an overdose, and can be fatal in smaller amounts if it is consumed with the following doctor prescribed medications:

  • Sedatives (illustrations entail cannabis, tranquilizers, and barbiturates

  • Various anti-seizure doctor prescribed medications (such as phenobarbital)

  • Narcotic pain doctor prescribed drugs (such as darvocet, heroin, opium, codeine, and codeine derivatives)

Conclusion: Alcohol Overdose

Roughly 50,000 cases people suffer through an alcohol overdose annually in the United States and approximately once per week, someone needlessly dies from alcohol poisoning.

As an aside, it is important to mention that the term "alcohol overdose" means the same thing as the term "alcohol poisoning."

Understanding what leads to an alcohol overdose and identifying the alcohol poisoning symptoms and reacting quickly and fittingly to such a situation can help forgo a lethal overdose.

Signs of Alcohol Poisoning. The appropriate plan of action when you see someone who is exhibiting the signs of alcohol poisoning and possibly experiencing an alcohol overdose is this: do not take chances when another person's life is at stake.

If you think that a person is suffering from an alcohol overdose, call 911 and ask for immediate medical help, even if the person is underage.

This way, the person will get the appropriate alcohol poisoning treatment that will hopefully save his or her life.

The Bottom Line

If a person experiences an alcohol overdose, he or she is an alcohol abuser.

As a result, this person needs to keep the following in mind: the more that alcohol is consumed in an abusive manner, the more likely it is that the drinker will become an alcoholic.

Call-Now-for-Quality-Drug-and-Alcohol-Rehab

If this describes you, then you need to be honest with yourself and admit that you have a drinking problem.

Once you have taken this step, consider making it a priority to talk with an alcohol abuse and alcoholism professional about getting alcohol treatment as soon as possible.

_____________________________________

Call-Now-for-Quality-Addiction-Rehab